BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Anticipation!! Small Town USA!!

Each and every year, local folks anticipate and prepare for the Fourth of July celebration in Pitman, NJ.  Much the same happens in many of the surrounding towns, and as my friend Karen says, "I have to stay home and participate because I live in my town.  I am a part of it!"  Much the same for us - the 5K race goes by our house as we stand on the corner to keep the traffic from interfering with the runners; the parade starts at 10 and the chairs have been set up along the parade route for days already!!  Then the culmination event - the fireworks in the park.  These girls obviously spent a lot of thought and time getting themselves and their babies ready.  Our tradition has been 'setting a spell' with the neighbors - our chairs go across to Debbie and Dave's as we can view the fireworks among friends.
This year PhotoSchmoozer is going to do something different.  Friend AnnMarie is a nursing instructor and her student site is the local Pitman Manor, senior residence.  She is going to volunteer to help the residents get out to the parade.  I am going to join her.  We will see the events, but the time will be spent in service, bringing joy to those who have lived many more Fourth of Julys than we have - and who will continue to enjoy as long as their are volunteers to help them get out to create those memories.  Life is about giving - and then you receive.  Happy Anticipation of July 4th!!
The only person missing this year - our neighbor Jim has moved away and won't be with us to carouse, oogle the girls - like last year's Miss Pitman - or cause a rucus and make goofy comments as people walk by to the park.  Will we miss his antics?  Time will tell.  Maybe someone else will take his place - or we will create new memories in a quieter way.

No comments: