BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, March 18, 2011

Striving for Balance

All things being equal, this is about as Yin/Yang as one can get - dark to light and light to dark - restful - being still and watching!  Since the 'retirement' has been cast upon us, we are exploring - you know about drum making and playing and then there is yoga, more nutrition and Tai Chi.  Oh and let's not forget Monday meditation with Judy at Integrative Wellness and then ,mindfulness meditation exploration with Lindsay.  Phew.  When I had the 'job' working from home, I didn't have this intensity of activity.  The way my mind works is to go out there and explore. Then I come back in and make choices.  Doing the former well - haven't quite connected with the latter but that will come.  I am beginning to think about what I am doing and considering making CHOICES.  One thing I do know - Yoga is challenging.  I thought you could go and settle in and be still while you hold poses.  NOT SO!  it is using the body to reach levels it didn't know it had within - even though Suzanne, the instructor, says to go with compassionate acceptance.  Oh my.  Then my friend Pat told me about the senior center and once I saw the calendar, I invited Bill to join me for Tai Chi.  I think we have , together, discovered a way to find more flow and balance.  There is more but alas, you will have to come back for another visit to find out what else is going on.  This I know for sure:  we are NOT some of those people who take the rocking chair on the porch and watch the birds fly by!!  We are spreading our wings!!  YEAH!!!  (NOTE:  The dog?? WE found him sleeping in a pet store doorway in Manayunk, PA)

No comments: