BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Girls...and their legs?!?!?

It was a weekend for family and friends!  We travelled the PA Turnpike to see where Niece Kat spends her life when she is not travelling/living abroad or home in Maryland.  Dickinson College is in Carlisle,PA.  Bill and I drove to spend time with family, see Kat's theatre production - she is the stage manager and just generally get a feel for the town.  We walked and walked and then we walked some more around the campus and downtown to see the shops, galleries and restaurants.  Learning to stop and be still and see what is around me, these legs were the focus - all for sale at a gallery and each one funkier than the next!  My challenge to you - which of the girls would you match with each of the leg sculptures?  Katie is on the left - Kat's roommate; center is Kat and on the right is twin sister Rebecca.  Your guess...I won't speculate.  We got to see Kat in her element, meet some of her friends and eat in a few restaurants that I would have loved to pick up and transport to south Jersey - Pitman in particular.  Every once in awhile someone challenges me to open one - NO!!  I enjoy them and know what I like, but owner/operator - maybe in another lifetime. Interesting time spent...lessons learned...and then home again.  It's great to go 'out there' and great to come home again to the comfort and security of where we belong!!

No comments: