BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pesky but Persistent

Yes we could look at this picture and say, "How Cute?!?" Or we could look at this picture and say, "What a pest?"  We could feel sorry for the birds as this persisten little rodent climbs up and eats lots of their food.  Or we could say that there is enough to go around and everyone can be satisfied.  For PhotoSchmoozer, looking out the window and seeing this little critter was a photo op without a doubt!!  I carefully opened the kitchen window to get a clear picture (the sunlight was not in a cooperative position though) and took his picture.  Wonder why I always refer to squirrels as 'he'.  Have to be some of each for the cute little critters to contionue to exist right??  So, when I opened the window, he scurried away - for a very brief minute.  then he was back to the post, up to the feedere and off across the wire to the suet feeder.  Now Bill has put up a metal tube cover on the post and an electronic zapper on the feeder.  Score?  Squirrel 1, Bill 0, but for anyone who knows my husband, he is just as persistent as the squirrel and the score will even up and move forward in his favor. Of this I can be sure!!
NOTE:  As of today, 3.11.10, we thought the score was even BUT alas, the squirrels seems to rather clever and food is their incentive.  They get up there without getting zapped!!  

No comments: