BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Maddie's Signs of Spring!!

 
The First Day of Spring found PhotoSchmoozer walking down to the lake with a friend.  Just a time to connect and catch our 10 minutes in the sunshine and celebrate Spring - the time of New Beginnings.  We were chatting with the ducks and watching folks fishing, planning our new beginnings and laughing and dreaming. All of a sudden Maddie came over from fishing and showed me her hand ful of worms!!  Oh my did it bring back memories of being a teacher and having to be careful with reactions so the kids would know it was 'ok' to touch and try new things.  I took a deep breath and said, "WOW That's great and what are you going to do with them?"  Phew - luckily she didn't ask me if I wanted to hold them.  She was using them for fishing and was going to take some home to show her mom too!!  Happy Spring and Happy Fishing Maddie!  May this be a time of exciting new beginnings for all of us as we watch the new growth emerging from the ground and the baby birds from the nests!!  We can truly appreciate life and all of its beauty. What a message!!  Love it!!

No comments: