BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gaze into my Eyes!!

I don't like landscapes, whole exhibits at the Philadelphia Flower Show or the 'big picture' of the world.  What fascinates me when I really sit still and watch are the little details that put together make the whole complete!!  This year it was no different!  I sent Jon pictures and he wondered where the big
 views of the exhibits were?!?  I went back and looked at more than 200 pictures and there were none!!  I have what I love - the beautiful details and this creature from the New Zealand exhibit and the close up of her eye (I made her female!!) captured my fancy.  I stood gazing for quite awhile and was taken in by the glimmer of the light in the big blue eyes.  Now for those of you who really know me, you will realize that my eyes are my favorite part of me and I love to look at other people's eyes.  I was listening to Doreen Virtue the other night talking about Archangel Michael and it was his eyes that were her most vivid description of him!!  Oh by the way, I always thought my eyes were hazel and changeable, but in the past few years, I have been told how beautiful my BLUE eyes are.  Maybe that is why I connected with this big blue one on the NZ 'insect'.  Who knows??  And then is it really important?  No...I connected and was fascinated and took pictures to share.  That is what matters to PhotoSchmoozer!!
(And this post is one of those mistakes that I don't know how to fix when it happens.  I can't get a clear background?!?!) For that matter, we can't find the little tape recorder in our house either!!  HELP!!

No comments: