BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Emerging!!


It's been awhile. Actually I think in some ways, since I started my new job and also had the surgery on my foot - both within a few days of each other, I have withdrawn from acknowledging what in life brings me JOY!! Why is that?? I have had to focus so much on healing and 'doing what the contract says we can and can't do' that I have NOW ALLOWED myself to experience life as it presents itself EVERYDAY!! Then Spring has emerged and the buds have popped up on the trees and on the shoots coming up from the ground and I have had to BE STILL and PAY ATTENTION. Last week, feeling rather low, I picked up my CanonS5IS and headed out to sit down in the dirt and look. I felt a calmness come into my spirit. No, it did not cause a permanent shift, but it did cause me to be IN THE MOMENT and that was wonderful. It focused my mind and offered me so many opportunities to realize that my life is filled with GRATITUDE and GIFTS. I am thankful and say so all the time. I realized that there are two favorite things that bring me joy with the camera:
1. Going to the HEART of the flower. I sit and go within the flower - right to
the center and it feels so right!!
2. Going out and finding people and getting into being THE PHOTO SCHMOOZER.
There are so many people out there with stories to share and I have been
missing some of them - actually a lot of them.
3. Taking pictures of people and their SHOES!! Each person is so unique in
what s/he chooses to wear and share and present to the world.
So first allow me to share my 'going to the heart'. Then I will write another blog and share more.
I promise myself and my readers that I will not be away again for any length of time because it does NOt feel good and I find great joy in sharing with all of you the POSSIBILITIES of what happens all the time.

No comments: