BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, May 25, 2009

Steppin' On Out

What a feast for The Photo Schmoozer yesterday at the First Annual Pitman Arts and Music Festival. It's my joy in life to watch, talk to and enjoy the variety of people out an about. Bill and I volunteered to sell tickets, give out the wristbands and generally have FUN!! Why this picture now on this blog?? And what does it have to do with this blog?? It's about the unique individuality of everyone. WE are all the same because we wear some kinds of coverings on our feet - we are all different because of how we choose to express ourselves. There's a funny story to this one though. See, I was sitting at the table so I only saw the top 3/4s of people. This young woman came with her ticket and as I put on her armband, I complemented her on the 'cute' yellow sundress. OK...move on to the next person! Later, I had the opportunity to do a 'walkabout' and my view of the person and 'cute little sundress' took on a totally new view when I saw the complete person. Imagine what it feels like wearing gladiator shoes up the leg!!
Of course, I stopped and chatted them up and asked 'Can I take a picture of those 'cool' shoes"? It's always a compliment to the individual and she was no exception.
So have you been out and about with your camera and noticed what people are doing or look like and the most important part - have you taken the time to stop and tell them what you see and how great they are? If not, DO IT!! It's fun and even more importantly, it MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD!!!

No comments: