BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Silly Sarah



Sarah is only 8 yet with the presence of someone so much older. She is poied and conversatant, adorable yet silly too. This evening she was wearing her very favorite hat and just sitting doing her homework. Well...she wsa supposed to be doing her homework but she was watching as her mom and another guy were working to teach themwelves fractions!! I asked, "Whose homework is this anyway. They clearly said, "Sarah".

While she was waiting for her papers back, I asked Sarah to pose for me and make whatever kinds of faces she chose. Some are her very special smile, some rather goofy but my only request is that she changes faces. That she did. I can't say that I would call them portraits of a young girl, but her story is to be told and here she is. Sarah writes poetry too and a few weeks ago at the Open Mic night at the Bus Stop cafe, she walked right up and read and explained how she did it.
The Photo Schmoozer just watches and waits and then chats before the camera comes out. There has to be some relationship building first and then respectfully, you have to ask permission too. No stealing shots!!

No comments: