BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sit Down and Look Around!!!

The Photo Schmoozer stepped out on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, journeying to National Park - a state historic site and park on the Delaware River. It is within viewing distance of Philadelphia, the airport and shipbuilding on the river. There is also a beach for walking, watching waves and just contemplating and watching people. When we first got there, I sat on the sand and watched. Close by were some Canadian geese. Oh I know, they are everywhere around here. I watched them. Then I just sat still. Yep that is what I advise you to do all the time. All of a sudden, I looked down and there was SAND!! Now I grew up at the ocean in southern New Jersey, but the sand was very different from this. I wondered what would happen if I looked really closely. Here is the result! I am awed that something as grains of coarse sand and teeny pebbles can look so amazing and show so much detail. Just proves my point. Be still and LOOK and see what asks to be seen. Another time, I might share about the children, families and other experiences going on around me. Today, sand, just sand.

1 comment:

jackie said...

Thanks for finding my blog and saying 'hello'. Talking of synchronicity you may be interested in this definition of Serendipity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity
I was volunteering in a Tudor House recently where Horace Walpole the inventor of the word used to visit.