BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Yesterday was Bill's birthday. Happy Birthday Bill!! Now, he won't say how old he is but we will tell you that he is a 'card carrying' social security guy who qualifies for Medicare. You do the math.
We decided to celebrate in a quiet way. He chose to go to Riverwinds in West Deptford, NJ. We like it there to watch the airplanes land, see the tankers and tugs going up and down the river, and walk along the beach to discover what is new. For me, well, you must know that it is 'photo ops' galore. No matter how many times we have been there, it is always new!! Beautiful!
A woman and her two daughters came down to the river with 4 helium balloons - "Happy Birthday" was their message. I watched them walk down to the end of the path. Schmoozer that I am, I needed to go and see who was having the birthday and if there might be a party going on! I was prepared to share that it was Bill's birthday too.
When I got to the bench near them - my opener - who is having the birthday party?? Here's the story. The girls are now about 7 and 9. When they were 1 and 3, their dad died. They never got to know the very special man that he was so their mom has made sure to keep him alive in their memories. Every year on October 9, his birthday, they come to the river, bring balloons, write messages and release the balloons for his 'birthday party in heaven'. What an emotional story. I thanked her for sharing with me...and just sat and reflected on my blessings in life!! I just asked...and she just shared. We had a bond.

No comments: