BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Willow Tree...No More

Posted by PicasaThe Photo Schmozer is about people and their stories. My latest posts have been about "The Willow Tree" in Betty Park in Pitman, NJ. Well, I would have to say in some ways, it is about me and my story. As long as I have lived in this town, I have appreciated the tree and its delicate 'being'. The other day, I discovered that our local beavers had also enjoyed this tree as they had many others on both sides of Alcyon Lake. I went away for just two days, and when I got back and rounded the curve toward home, I just STOPPED!! The Boro of Pitman, in their 'wise' decision making, had chosen to cut the tree down! This morning, before the tree company came back to clear it all away, I went to the Lake to bring closure to the story. The 'good' of this (I always try to find that) is that they had put wire around another small tree so the beavers would not go near that. Small blessings!!

1 comment:

Amy Sperry Faldet said...

I am not sure why it takes losing something big to appreciate it and the little beauties, but it is the case time after time. I think that you are right, maybe because it is each person's story, that it must be played out for each beautiful person's experience on this Earth. I love the peace you portray at a time when I really know it is hard for you. Blessings friend.