BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, February 1, 2013

Reflections on a Winter's Day


There are at least two ways to look at a winter's day...
    1. Oh no it is snowing again!! (and we have had precious little)
    2. Look at the beauty in the gifts that we receive from Mother Nature daily.
     I choose the latter ...I see beauty and reflections and these give me pause to reflect on my own life - and the people in it.  I think about people who have not a minute or the energy to pick up the phone and simply say "how are you" and then those who care - are present - and take the time to reach out.  Which are you???    I am often disappointed and discouraged by the 'too busy' people - 'best friends' and close family members in the mix!  As I reflect on it all I have to consider lowering my expectations?!?
   I often hear, "You don't understand.  I am really busy."..yaddah yaddah...you know the song/dance routine.  Sends me into thoughts and feelings of how I am valued - feelings of less importance in some lives...and more often than not.
I just read that next week is National Kindness Week - will it make a real difference in the world?  It's like Christmas - or the CT shootings - people stop a bit and 'come together' and are kind and compassionate to one another - and then life comes back.  DARE to AFFIRM - Catch Them Doing Something Right is what I choose to be all about.  My glasses will stay rose colored...always wishing and hoping...always caring...sometimes too much!  Today I go out and about once more to see the beauty we are gifted with!!

No comments: