BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, February 18, 2013

Clouds on my Journey

 I looked at clouds from both sides now...from win and lose and still somehow, it's clouds illusions I recall - and that I did as I traveled up Rt. 1 in Delaware after some full and wonderful days of visiting friends - old and new - visiting our friend the ocean - eating the most awesome mac and cheese - and just hanging out with friends.  It was a rest to be sure.  As I was driving home, I realized that I was following the clouds and was mesmerized.  It reminded me of coming home from the same place a few years back but being lost in the clouds and sunset and ending up in Cambridge, Maryland.  WHAT??? HOW???
 Today I stayed on the route but got so caught up in the beauty, colors and shapes that I fially just had to pull over and sit by the side of the road.  The cars WHIZZING by made me stop to wonder if anyone even noticed the gifts they were being given!?!?  My guess is not because they were in a hurry to get WHERE??  They are among the masses who have never realized that life in the fast lane is just that...and not to be enjoyed or treasured.  They are the ones stressed by the rush they are in...
For me, it's all about MINDFULNESS - stopping to meditate and ask for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health...and peace of mind and well being.  That's NOT too much to ask for friends - and the more you ask...the more you will receive. STOP and notice the wonder...I did and I am so grateful!!

No comments: