BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Beautiful Dahlia - one new Friend!

Stay tuned - No - your eyes are not playing tricks on you - these are zinnias from the same garden - the dahlia picture is still in my camera and not close by.  I can still tell you the story about the flower garden.  A few days ago, I had to go to a local bank to get some money for some things I had bought for our Farm Market.  Right where I parked was an incredibly full garden - amazing colors and flowers crowded beautifully into a person's front yard!!  Yes, I took some beautiful pictures.  Today Bill and I were out for a bit of an adventure and I just had to take him by the garden.  A woman came out the back door and was watching us watch her house.  She came forward when I called out how much I appreciated her beautiful garden.  Her name is Ruby - from Hawaii - a native of the Phillipines - a retired architecht and a member of the Pitman Garden Club.  We talked about gardening, the Farm Market and the garden club.  She loves what she is doing - has even landscaped the auto service place next door.  What a wonder she is to her neighborhood and our town!  Thanks Ruby!!  I asked her to come by the Farm Market on Saturday and I would have one of my cards with her dahlia.  Later you will see how spectacular it is!!


No comments: