BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Got My Wish - A Buddy in Town!!

Bill and I have lived together in Pitman for close to 40 years.  For lots of them, I have lamented that I had no friends to hang out with, do things spontaneously or just sit and have a cup of tea.  Well - that has changed - and changed - and changed.  A long time ago I met a woman at the Mullica Hill Friends School - we talked some but our children were different ages, so we just talked when we saw one another.  Then a few years ago, I started seeing her in K-Mart and the grocery store.  One day I went to Restore - the Habitat for Humanity store and there she was.  We traded stories and memories and phone numbers too and now I have the buddy I have searched for - and she has been here for a long time - just like me - well maybe not as many years as I have but awhile.  We do crafts, go to yoga class, laugh and talk and share feelings and it is wonderful .  Now that I am open to it all - gosh - so many more of these friends are around town and in my life - just had to open up and be more free and fun to receive - notice - pay attention - you get the idea!!  Isn't life just fun?!?!?  Every day in every way.

No comments: