BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, August 20, 2010

What Does FREEDOM Mean to YOU!?!?

A few weeks ago, I had a doctor's appointment to talk about some possibilities going on in my body.  As I was about to get in the car to go, I looked over at the butterfly bush and saw FIVE of these glorious beauties just gently floating around the deep purple flowers and being FREE!  Yes, I know this picture is a thistle and it is from yesterday, but same butterflies!!  Being very still and watching them (a behavior I have not engaged in as much as I used to, but am recovering!!), I thought about what it means to be FREE!!  And this fits in with my trip to Iowa and Nebraska.  I had 7 luscious days of no real responsibility to ponder life, self and surroundings.  It was so perfect.  Today a friend asked me what I noticed about the differences in the culture.  I was challenged to answer because I was just focusing on who I was with and what I liked where I was.  Interesting.  I saw the similarities - not considering statistics, but FUN!  As I think on it, isn't that a kind of Freedom in itself?!?  I was being in the present moment and enjoying every bit of it!!  Now to carry that feeling home and live it daily!  Can be done.
What does being FREE mean to you??
Write and share your thoughts.  I would appreciate the conversations.

No comments: