BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In My Own Little World


It's been a long time. A few days after I wrote the last blog about adventuring in Kensington section of Philadelphia with 'the gang', I opted for surgery! Yes, it was by choice if you can consider that getting rid of pain is a choice. The right foot was looking funny and then skewed the spine and the rest of the body. My doctor said "I was an interesting woman" and proceeded to tell me all of the things going on with my toes that made this so. Lucky you...this is about photography and seeing - not my medical ills!! So I am now the lucky owner of straight toes (though I won't know that for days yet til we go back for a check up) and this big ugly black open toed boot that is my faithful companion for six weeks. I am confined...and not champing at the bit like I thought I might. I almost find it relaxing to sit upstairs in the recliner with my foot up on a bunch of pillows.

But wait!!! This is about the PhotoSchmoozer and seeing. What can I do if I can't go out and about?!? Well...simple my photography friends...stay in and within and see what is right in the world around me. There are windows to the outside and amazing little wonderful things right here in this room that have lots of meaning. My niece Rebecca found some cute little duckies at the local hobby shop, so there too are photo ops. Then there are all of my 'chatchkas', goddess statues...the choices are infinite. In the days to come, I will share some of those. For today...me healing in my chair. As the New Year approaches, I can be filled with gratitude - a foot on the way to healing, a great new job and wonderful family and friends who nurture and care. Happy Days and always be still to just look around you. It is amazing.

No comments: