BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reflections of Joy and Curiosity!

Photoschmoozer - capturing life's moments - one story at a time - it is a total joy to go out into the world and meet people and listen to their stories - it is a joy to do the volunteer work that I am for the Pitman Farm Market - yet at some point, it is also time to STOP and think of self and reflect on life - what brings me happiness - what encourages me to self expression - what brings me peace?!?!?
Lately I have been putting my own self and spirit aside for the sake of getting things done to make the market happen - OK - it's fun and a great way to network, connect people and make things happen.  But then, give pause.  Yesterday something happened to do just that.  I got an email from buddy, Bob, sharing the Artists of Southern New Jersey.  WHAT is that?  WHO is that?  I called since I hadn't heard Bob's voice in awhile and we talked about the group and then Contemplative Photography and Miksang.  This conversation gave me pause - and a quiet joy - to remember my inner being and what makes me totally appreciate life and the beauty of the simplicity of the world - and by that I mean the world in my immediate life - the pen on the desk - listening to the birds sing - sitting here watching the day wake up - the flowers in my garden - and just my breath!  It's a spirit of renewal and one that has been eluding me...until now.  Reflections of self in the mirror with the camera - reflections of life in the stillness of my being!!

No comments: