BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Protection from ???

What is she seeing?  What does each of see on our Journey?  Vision and perception are in the eyes of the beholder.  As I think about how to guide someone to take pictures and 'see' as I do, I feel challenged.  No one can take pictures as I do nor can I really take pictures like any of my photography friends - in real life or on their blogs or in their books.  I - as you - are unique individuals and what we see and do suits us only! 
   As I sat at the Harvest Moon Festival, I got the thought and vision to see how people protect themselves  - from the sun? from being seen?  from discovering or expressing who they really are?  This woman was totally fascinated by what???  Did she even know or was she lost in contemplation!?  We will never know.  I thought about what everyone was wearing - including the dude sitting next to me in the red cap.  The sun was hot and they were cool.  What better way to show variations than put them all together in one place to compare and contrast.

No comments: