BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Friendships and Celebrations


 
Let's talk first today about synchronicities...and then friendships...and then grapes.  Huh you say...what's the connection!  Patience friend and I will explain it all.  About a year ago, I joined the Transition Network - defined as a group of women over 50 who are moving through life's transitions.  What drew me to the program was a course to be offered called Bounceability: Resilience and Aging.  I had done some training about Building Your Bounce for child care teachers, so I thought I would explore IF there was any difference related to aging.  We used a strengths profile to see what we were all about.  Then we convened.  There were 8 of us with a facilitator.  The first meeting, another fellow traveler and I started talking and well. we have continued the conversation beyond the group.  Lovely.  Donna and I actually meet for 'coffee breaks' at Crescent Moon coffee house in Mullica Hill, NJ.  I have asked her to be my gentle 'nudge' to keep me focused on some projects I need to move forward on.
   OK...am I digressing.  NOPE.  Seems awhile ago, Donna and her husband Leigh bought 129 acres of Preserved Farmland in Monroeville, NJ.  They grow 12 acres in grapes - many varieties.  Photoschmoozer asked to come to the vineyard early in the morning to see what I could BE STILL and SEE.  I went to their house early one morning (after driving right past and ending up miles down the road).  As Leigh and I were drinking coffee, he said they would be picking on Thursday.  "Want to come and pick grapes?"  I said I would ask Bill if he wanted to do this.  After all, it was our anniversary and what better way to spend part of the day but picking grapes!!  Well we did and next morning, Donna shared that we had all picked 1783 pounds.  The grapes - this time cabernet savignon - are sold to Monroeville Winery and they make the wine.  So no, folks, we picked - we did NOT stomp!!  It was so much fun, we are considering heading back in a week or two when the next batch is ready.  See...don't I talk about synchronicities - talk to Donna - meet Leigh - have an anniversary (42 years) and pick grapes.  What's next?  Quien sabe??  Life is a journey and isn't it a grand one at that?!?

No comments: