BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, October 5, 2012

Transitions...Change...and Joy



This past weekend was a class reunion for Wildwood High School.  I went as an adventure to see who I might know and what life had to offer.  The time gave me pause ...and a conversatioin with Bill when I got home...I found lots of people reliving their high school days...and realized that I was living in the present rather than remembering what was.  Different perspectives...different memories...different people.  What I did get to see was this really cool representation of the town that I grew up in - and backed by an awesome display of clouds!!  Came home with memories - a few little beach balls - great for squeezing for hand exercises...and the queset for a search to move forward.
 One of my wishes for the weekend was to head to Cape May Point to see the monarchs on their migratory route - and see I did, though not in the batches of hundreds that have been sighted.  I felt blessed with those I got to watch - just standing in the warm sun and being still as they gathered on the goldenrod to feast before beginning their next step in the journey.  Quite representative for me and my place right now.  Now that the Uptown Pitman Farm Market has come to a close, it's time to regroup and find what engagement life has to offer next.  While I was feeling sad about the disconnect, my dear friend Lillian, wrote this to me this morning - and I pass it on to you
"Knowing that joy is present in life may require the absence of it once in awhile. Do you think that i possibly true?  Do you think that makes it something more appreciated?  Do you think that motivates one to keep seeking it and not settling for less?  What thoughts to ponder as I go forward on October 5 to see what synchronicities the day will bring!!

No comments: