BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Spot of Teal... Supporting and Remembering

It's the third year now for A Spot of Teal - Laura created this quilt show when her sister had ovarian cancer - and her sister got up from her hospital bed to come to the first show.  She has passed now, but Laura continues the tribute and this was the third year for the show at the Williamstown Library.  It was small by quilt show standards but lovely.  There were more than 30 quilts in 5 categories.  Here are my friends Angela and Janice - they were both entrants - as they enjoyed the show and the variety of vendors!!

Friend Pat - an amazing quilter - entered Cindy's Flower Garden - all of these little bouquets were hand stitched with silk ribbon bought from a special vendor - Cindy - at a recent quilt show.  I actually have a close up of each flower piece - the details are...well...you can imagine.
My tribute and my story is about special people who take the time to honor, love and support what they care about - whether it is people, places or things.  Quilters are some of the very kindest people I count as friends.

No comments: