BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One family: Expressions of SELF!!

Friend Janice told me a few months ago that her church was having a SHOE fashion show.  Now you can tell from previous posts, that my ears perk up when I hear the word shoes and my eyes feast on the diversity of what has been created!!  So I asked if I could come and take pictures!!  To my total pleasure, this happened last week and it was such fun. Can you believe there were close to 60 women - yes all women- well, females if you could the few toddlers but still girls - sitting at round tables, feasting on shared desserts and then walking up a small staircase to a small platform to show off their shoes!!  Every person was nicer than the next and their expression of uniqueness made my heart feel really good.  On to something with the concept - or so I believe!!  As I watched everyone, I particularly noticed this one mom and her four girls - two singles and twins.  Proving my point about individual expression, I gathered them for a photo shoot.  Mom is on the left; the oldest sister on the right; the twins and younger sister in the center.  They were pleased as punch to pose for me - actually they took one themselves -oldest sister asked if I was a photographer?!?  I said "Sure" and she said she wanted to be one too!!  Cute.  Then she got them in a circle and took a picture from above - very clever!!  No it's time to take the inspirational words of the speaker, Bev Richards, and create a presentation - her words and my photos - perfect together!!

No comments: