BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Choices! Control! Personal Power~!~~~~

It's been several years since I visited Albany, NY and my friend Susan yet as I was looking for one of my photos to bring to light what I am thinking, this came forward.  See, life is about choices, control and personal power.  It is also about making those choices and then living with them - and about being gentle and forgiving to yourself when the choices might not be the best for healthy nutrition and feeling at the top of your game.  Why this?  Why now?  Lois is my friend and we share diet, nutrition, and healthy eating.  We are reading how food affects the brain and the body and how it all makes us feel.  We are in daily contact about our choices.  Yesterday she shared the wonderful pizza that Whole Foods makes - her choice.  I shared back that we were invited out for dinner last night and I had a clear idea of what was to be served.  Right I was - stuffed shells with sauce, garlic bread, salad and Carvel ice cream cake.  To be "polite" , I ate it all and to be honest, it tasted great!  So what's the big deal.  This morning I woke up with an achy body and swollen hands.  I know what suits my body, mind and spirit best yet last night, I made choices!!  Now today I have the first day of the rest of my life - and yes, I HAVE PERSONAL POWER, CONTROL AND CHOICES!!  I cannot undo what was, but I can take charge of what is and I am truly close to coming to acceptance for those words I just wrote.  I can take charge and I have choices!!  It's time for the fresh lemon and warm water and even that is a part of the collage I took in Albany - all of life's choices are there!!  Live!!! 

No comments: