BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Their Stories...My Stories

After a beautiful day out and about for Valentine's Day with my buddy, we stopped in at Barnes and Noble on the way home.  Bill has been exploring HDR pictures - a special process to bring out the best color in a photo shoot situation.  I had seen several books in the Digital Photography section and he wanted to skim them for more ideas.  In the process, he walked over to me with a brand new book called STORYTELLERS: A Photographers Guide to Developing Themes and Creating Stories with Photos by Jerod Foster.  New...brand new...and as I looked through it and began reading, I knew it was one that had to come home with me.  So why this picture of leg warmers and boots?!?  I understand that often when I take pictures and definitely ones of people and their shoes, I am sharing their story.  This one I saw at the Whole Foods/Princeton Wellness Center cooking class the other day.  I watched this woman stand to get her food tastes - what I saw was her in a different way - how she was expressing herself and her individuality by her garb.  She was totally colorful!  I know I am going to enjoy the Storyteller book and you will see/hear more about it as time goes on!!  IF we hadn't stopped at B & N would I have ever heard about the book and/or discovered yet another way of seeing?!?  Synchronicities abound!!


No comments: