BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, July 11, 2011

Totally Awesome Little Grasshopper!!

We took our first class at Grounds for Sculpture near Trenton, NJ. The amount of sculptures placed throughout the grounds are totally amazing and well worth a trip to explore.  Once again, I am enrolled in a photography class where folks want to know how to use their camera!!  When will I find one where people come because they want to learn so much more about HOW TO SEE what is all around them, how to create composition, and how to be creative??  I am beginning to think that I might have to create my own to find like minded souls.  Not today though.  We listened to the instructor for about half an hour talking about the camera being like a computer and we needed to learn how to use the settings.  Then she sent us out into the bright light close to high noon to take pictures.  Don't you hear the words of the magic times for photography - aren't they early in the morning and at sunset?  They call these the golden hours?  Mark my word.  These hours are NOT high noon!!  No way.  We did explore and once again, I was drawn to the beautiful lillies by the small ponds.  I was still and watched but even then, I did not see the gift that I received when I got home and put the pictures in the computer.  Make sure you look closely and see the bright green grasshopper watching me from the center of the flower!  How lucky do I feel?  Remember I talk about synchronicities?  Yes, my friends, they are all around us.  Just stop and see what pleases you!!

No comments: