BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, December 5, 2008

He Knows He is Not Perfect!!


The 'woman' with the funny nasally voice called yesterday to let me know that my books were in at the library (actually it is a computerized voice!) so off I went to bring home yet more books to read. Hey, it's a great way to learn about the world when your foot is hurting and you can't walk too much!! When I got out of the car and was walking in, this guy was standing out front, drinking his soda and smoking his cigarette - listening to his music as well and talking on his cell phone!! Multi-talented!! I couldn't help but overhear some of his conversation as I walked past: "Hey I know I am difficult at times but I know who I am and I know I am not perfect and I am working on it. Stay with me." Hmmmm I thought. He's rather communicative and knows about himself. YES~~ When I came out, I had reflected about his comments and decided to share my thoughts about his words. I said, "I couldn't help but overhear what you were saying when I walked past. I like how you know yourself and work on who you are." At first he just looked at me, but then realized that I was saying something positive and we chatted. Or maybe I should say, I listened. He proceeded to tell me all about what he knows about himself, that he is not perfect, but that it is God's will that we recognize our imperfections and work on them. He had a very strong belief and I told him that his words made a lot of sense. What I would have missed if I only went in to get my books...see, I would rather learn from people and that is why I enjoy talking to them and learning about their stories and adventures.

No comments: